Chiffon cake is so delicious and it’s a great option for dessert after meal.
If you like Chocolate Chiffon Cake or White Chiffon Cake, just check the end of the recipe page on how to cook different kinds of Chiffon Cake.
You know, this cake is bake using a circular shape with a center hole tube type baking pan. The tube in the center lets the hot air circulate in the middle so that the heat can easily reach the center part of the cake.
Once cooked and removed in the oven, the cake tube pan must be turned upside down immediately so that it won’t shrink and lose its volume.
Since, everyone has their favorite type of flavor, a list a cooking variations are listed below with instructions that would transform your ordinary chiffon cake to an extra ordinary one.
So, enjoy and have fun in cooking your favorite chiffon cake.
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable oil or corn oil)
- 7 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 7 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 10-inch ungreased tube pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well at the center and add oil, egg yolks, water and vanilla. Beat until smooth and no lumps occur. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat egg whites until frothy. Add the cream of tartar. Continue to beat on high until soft peaks begin to form. Add sugar very gradually and continuously beating until meringue is glossy and stiff.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the meringue until well blended, ensuring that you scrap the bottom of the bowl as you fold.
- Pour into prepared ungreased tube pan.
- Bake until golden and middle springs back when touched for about 45 minutes.
- Invert onto the neck of a bottle.
- Cool completely upside down.
Orange Chiffon Cake
Use 3/4 cup orange juice instead of cold water and add 1/2 tsp. orange rind. Omit vanilla.
Pineapple Chiffon Cake
Same as for orange chiffon except that you use pineapple juice in place of the orange juice and omit orange rind.
Mocha Chiffon Cake
Instead of 3/4 cup cold water. Use 1/4 cup of hot water and dissolve 1 tbsp. coffee and add 1/2 cup cold water.
Coconut Chiffon Cake
Follow exactly the standard recipe except that you add 1 cup desiccated coconut and fold in last to the mixture before transferring to the prepared tube pan.
Banana Chiffon Cake
Follow exactly the standard recipe except that you add 2 pcs. mashed ripe bananas and fold in last to the mixture before transferring to the prepared tube pan.
Chocolate Chips Chiffon Cake
Follow exactly the standard recipe except that you add 1 cup chocolate chips or 3 oz grated semisweet chocolate or bittersweet chocolate and fold in last to the mixture before transferring to the prepared tube pan.
Chocolate Chiffon Cake
Instead of 2-1/2 cups cake flour. Reduce the flour to 2 cups. Add 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 4 tbsp. more of sugar. Dissolve cocoa with 3/4 cup hot water instead of 3/4 cup cold water.
- Melodie Monberg: Food, Adoption, Family, Marriage -Full Circle
- Vegan Brown Sugar | Maya’s Team Vegan Blog
- Organic Egg Whites Cut Calories, Fat, Cholesterol « OrganicAuthority.com – Organic Blog
- Can I use pineapple juice in a cake mix?
- Instant Online Photo To Cross Stitch Chart Conversion. | Minnesota Financial Planning
- Tuesday Twister – Week of 3/30/2010 – Korean Food – Hazelnut Butter « Cooking without almost everything
- HOME MADE EASTER EGGS « Authentic Anglo-Indian Recipes
- Fall in love with the oh-so-tender loin!!! : Sweet & Spicy Bourbon Pork « Have pan, will cook!
- World Water Day Roundup: Coke, Pepsi, Nestle, Nalco, EPA & More | VX50.com
- Can bananas substitute eggs when baking?? : Vegan CupCake Recipes
- Lighten Up Your Easter Dinner!-
ABSolute Fitness by Diana Painter
- Guyana: Plantain Meringue Pie : Caribbean & World Wide Recipes
- Lovely Painted Easter Sugar Cookies-
- Lemon meringue pie « Croissant & Parmesan
- Keepapitchinin, the Mormon History blog » Hot Cross Buns for Good Friday
- Orange Chiffon Cake with Poh’s Twist
- Betty’s Brown Sugar Candy Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe | Candy Recipe
- What kind of cooking oil best for weight loss? | Best Weight Loss Reviews and Products
- Myths and Facts: Canola Oil | 3FC
- Knowing your body to help you lose weight | weightconversionchart.info