A prizewinning recipe for dense, moist saucepan brownies.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a greased 8-inch square cake pan. Set aside.
- In heavy saucepan, heat butter with chocolate over low heat until almost melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted.
- Add in sugar, vanilla, and eggs and blend well. Stir in flour and walnuts just until combined.
- Transfer and spread into the prepared cake pan, smoothing the top. Place in the center of the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on rack. Cut into squares and serve.
- Makes 16 brownies.