Thick cream cheese icing is great with carrot cakes.
· 1 lb. full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
· 5 cups icing sugar, sifted
· 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
· 2 tbsp. orange liqueur
Cooking Procedures :
1. Using a food processor, pulse cream cheese and butter until smooth. (Or using hand held or stand mixer, mix softened cream cheese and butter until smooth).
2. Add in icing sugar, 1 cup at a time. Stir in vanilla and liqueur.
3. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate. To restore the texture of cold icing, let it warm to room temperature and then stir vigorously.
4. Makes about 4 cups.