- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and dust with flour 9 or 10 in. tube pan, knocking out excess; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together sifted flour and salt; set aside.
- Place softened butter, vegetable oil and sugar in a bowl of electric mixer; beat on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add whipping cream, flour mixture, lemon and vanilla extracts. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened to form very thick batter.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. The top springs back when press lightly with fingers.
- Let cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Run a thin knife around inner and outer edges of cake, then invert onto a serving plate.
- Makes about 16 servings.
Tips: Pound cakes are good keepers, lasting at room temperature for 10 days. For longer storage, wrap well in aluminum foil and place foil-wrapped cake in a plastic zipper-lock bag. Store in the freezer for up to 9 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight.