Banana and blueberries blend well together with the sweetness from the banana and tartness from the blueberries.
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
· 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
· 2/3 cup milk
· 1/4 cup vegetable oil
· 1 egg, beaten
· 1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana (1 medium)
· 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and well drained) blueberries(Food Measurement)
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare and grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin tin or lined with paper cups. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat milk, oil, egg and mashed banana with fork. Stir in sugar and flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Do not overmix. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins (almost to the full). Sprinkle top with sugar, if desired.
5. Place muffin tin in the center of the oven and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or just until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately remove muffin from pan and cool on a wire rack.