· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 1/4 cup red or white wine
· 2 shallots, finely chopped or 1 onion, grated
· 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
· 1 tbsp. chopped fresh herbs
· salt and black pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
COMBINE all the ingredients in a shallow dish.
ADD meat or fish of your choice turn to coat well and marinate.
This basic marinade can be varied to taste. In general, red meat such as beef, duck or lamb will require a red wine marinade while chicken and fish for white wine. But you can marinate chicken breasts in red wine with delicious results. This marinade makes enough for 2 lb. meat, poultry or fish.
Timing & Preparation
· Red meat, poultry, and game (whole and cut up) are usually marinated for up to 2 hours at room temperature or up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
· Whole fish, fillets, steaks and seafoods can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
· Vegetables and tofu can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator – overnight for tofu.
· Bring refrigerated food back to room temperature before cooking and brush off excess marinade.