- 2-1/2 cups macaroni
- 75 g pancetta, diced
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Gruyère
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh chives, plus some extra for garnish
Cooking Procedures :
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, cover and keep warm; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, place pancetta; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until well browned and slightly crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Using the same pan, reduce heat to medium. Stir in cream; simmer. Add the cheeses, garlic, mustard and paprika; stir for 5 minutes or until the cheeses have melted and the sauce has thickened. Season.
- Add the cooked macaroni and pancetta; stir for a minute or until heated through.
- Stir in the chives; garnish with some extra chives and serve.
- Serves 4.