- 1 beaten egg
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can condense French Onion Soup
- 2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup salsa-style catsup or regular ketchup
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
Cooking Procedures :
- In a large bowl, combine egg, soup, stuffing mix, and salt. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape into 1-inch meatballs. Place meatballs in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or till done. Drain meatballs and transfer to a 3 1/2, 4, or 5-quart crockery cooker.
- In a bowl, combine catsup, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and topioca. Pour over meatballs; stir gently to coat.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm on low-heat setting up to 2 hours. Serve with toothpicks.
- Makes about 50 meatballs.
If stuffing mix is unavailable, use croutons and lightly crush them with a rolling pin or the bottom of a mixing bowl.
58 calories, 4 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g total fat (1 g saturated),15 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 101 mg potassium