- 2 lb. soaked, de-bearded mussels or clams (drained)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Cooking Procedures :
- Heat a deep soup pan with the oil. Add chopped garlic, sauté for a few minutes. Add the onions and cook until transparent.
- Add mussels (or clams), wine, bay leaf and pepper. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard unopened shells.
- Top with parsley and spring onions. Transfer to a deep bowl and serve.
Note: Use 2 cups water in place of wine. Parsley will be 1 cup.