- 2 tbsp. (25 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 4 pork loin centre chops
- 2 tbsp. (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sodium-reduced chicken stock
Cooking Procedures :
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Brush over pork chops.
- In a nonstick skillet, fry chops (in batches) over medium-high heat until browned and just a hint of pink remains inside, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Drain off any fat in pan.
- Add balsamic vinegar to pan then simmer over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch into chicken stock. Add to pan and bring to boil, stirring and scraping up any brown bits. Reduce heat then simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Return chops and any juices to pan; heat through, turning to coat. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes.
- Serves 4.