· 1 cup sugar
· 1/4 cup cocoa
· 1/4 cup butter
· 1/2 cup milk
· 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
· 1-1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
· 1 tsp. vanilla
Cooking Procedures :
1. Mix sugar, and cocoa in a saucepan. Stir in butter, milk and corn syrup.
2. Bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes and stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. Set pan in cold water. When you can hold your hand on the bottom of the pan, the syrup is cool enough.
4. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Stir the frosting until thick enough to spread. If frosting is too thin, add a little more confectioners' sugar. If too thick, add a little more milk.
Makes enough frosting for a round two-layer cake or a big oblong cake or 3 dozen cupcakes.