- 4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup light sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 2 tbsp. prepared chili sauce
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 can (113 g) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. minced green onion tops (or chives)
Cooking Procedures :
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in sour cream (or yogurt, if using), chili sauce, horseradish and hot pepper sauce.
- Fold in shrimp and green onions (or chives, if using).
- Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Spread can be prepared up to 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated.
- Microwave cold cream cheese at Medium (Power 7) for a minute to soften.
- This spread is equally good with crackers or vegetable dippers.
- Instead of shrimp, try using a can (170 g) crab.