· 2-4 eggs
· water, for boiling
· salt and pepper
Cooking Procedures :
1. Place water in a deep saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Gently lower eggs with a slotted spoon and add into the water.
2. Cover and remove from heat. Let standoff heat for 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Set saucepan in the sink and run in cold water for just a few seconds. Be careful not to chill.
4. Break shell by cracking sharply with a knife. Scoop egg from shell with a teaspoon and serve in a sauce dish. Season egg with butter, salt and pepper.
– To serve in shell, quickly crack at wider end with a knife, and remove top.
– To serve out of the shell, hold egg over a small bowl, tap around center with a knife. Gently pull shell apart and then scoop egg out with spoon.