· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tbsp. paprika
· 1 tbsp. chili powder, lightly toasted and mixed to a paste with water
· 1 tsp. ground cumin
· 1/2 tsp. oregano
· 2 tbsp. beer or tequila
· juice of 1 orange and 1 lime (or 3 tbsp. pineapple juice)
· 2 tbsp. olive oil
· 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
· coarsely ground sea salt, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
COMBINE all the ingredients in a shallow dish.
ADD the food, turn to coat, and marinate.
This spicy marinade gives a rich red coating. Sufficient for 2 lb. lean meat or fish.
Timing & Preparation
· Red meat, poultry, and game (whole and cut up) are usually marinated for up to 2 hours at room temperature or up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
· Whole fish, fillets, steaks and seafoods can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
· Vegetables and tofu can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator – overnight for tofu.
· Bring refrigerated food back to room temperature before cooking and brush off excess marinade.