· 1/4 cup soy sauce
· 1/4 cup sesame oil
· 1/4 cup rice wine or dry sherry
· 2 tbsp. sugar
· 2 scallions, thinly sliced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
Cooking Procedures :
COMBINE all the ingredients in a shallow dish.
ADD the food, turn to coat well, and marinate.
This Japanese-style marinade is enough to coat 2 lb. fish, poultry, or meat.
Timing & Preparation
· Red meat, poultry, and game (whole and cut up) are usually marinated for up to 2 hours at room temperature or up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
· Whole fish, fillets, steaks and seafoods can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
· Vegetables and tofu can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator – overnight for tofu.
· Bring refrigerated food back to room temperature before cooking and brush off excess marinade.