· 1/2 cup sugar
· 2 tbsp. cornstarch
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 2 cups milk
· 1 egg, well beaten
· 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
· 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cooking Procedures :
1. In a 1-1/2 quart (1.5L) glass bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
2. Gradually add milk, stirring until completely smooth.
3. Microwave, uncovered, at (Power Level 7) for 6 to 8 minutes or until it becomes bubbly and slightly thickened, stirring 3 times.
4. In a separate bowl, spoon 2/3 cup of the hot pudding mixture onto the beaten egg. Stir to blend and then quickly transfer the warmed egg mixture into bowl of remaining pudding.
5. Microwave, uncovered, at (Power Level 7) for 2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until mixture thickens enough to coat a spoon, stirring every minute.
6. Add butter (or margarine) and vanilla, stirring until butter melts. Refrigerate until serving time.