- 1 (3 to 5 lbs.) fresh pork ham roast (or boneless shoulder picnic roast, a hog’s head, or any parts of pork of your choice)
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a roasting pan.
- Clean pork ham (or any pork parts of your choice) thoroughly. Dry with paper towels. Rub generously with salt all over. Transfer to a roasting pan and bake for about 3-1/2 hours (40 minutes per pound). Cover ears of hog’s head (if using) to protect from burning.
- Brush skins with fat drippings from the pan every 10 minutes during the last hour, making the skin crisp.
- Increase oven heat to 450°F. Roast pork for about 20 to 30 minutes more or until golden brown. The skin should be crispy. Internal temperature reading is 170°F.
- Remove from the oven. Cover with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces and place into a serving platter. Serve with sauce of your choice. Enjoy!