- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 box Mochiko sweet rice flour
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup ripe jackfruit, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a big bowl, combine all ingredients except jackfruit and bread crumbs. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour mixture 3/4 full into one 8″ square pan and one 9″ x 13″ oblong pan. Sprinkle jackfruit strips and bread crumbs on top. Arrange pans side by side on middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 2-1/2 hours or until top is golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If using glass pans, bake at 325°F only.
- Serves 12.
This recipe can be made with just 1-3/4 cups sugar instead of 2 cups, if you don’t want it too sweet.
Ripe jackfruit, usually sold bottled or canned in syrup, provides additional sweetness as a topping.