Tortang Talong is an eggplant omelet which is very simple healthy eggplant recipes and very budget friendly dish. This Tortang talong is very popular in the Philippines specially at Turo-turo eateries because it very affordable.
In this recipe, we broiled the eggplant until tender to make its skin easy to peel.
- 2 to 4 talong (eggplants), average size
- 2 to 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
Cooking Procedures :
- Broil eggplants until tender (the skins are charred and blister appears).
- Once cool, peel off the skins of the eggplant and retain the crown and the stem. Gently flatten its meat by using the back of a fork. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dip each eggplant, one at a time into the egg mixture. Gently bring the bowl near the skillet and tip, lowering the eggplant onto the heated oil.
- Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and brown the other. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm and serve.