- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water (optional)
- 4-6 eggs, at room temperature
- oil, for frying
Cooking Procedures :
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground meat for about 5-7 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant. Add onion and tomatoes. Stir-fry for a few minutes or until soft and wilted.
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add diced potatoes and water, if using. (This allows the potatoes to cook, but if you find it not too dry and can cook the potatoes, don’t add any water so that it will not be watery nor be soggy but if it’s needed just add water a little at a time).
- Cook covered for about 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender and most of the water (if any) has evaporated. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool completely. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs. Pour onto cooled meat mixture. Correct seasonings.
- Put oil in a skillet about to cover the bottom. Heat oil over medium heat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of egg-meat mixture into the skillet. Let it cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes on each side. (I cooked it just like making a pancake.)
- Transfer to a serving plate.
Minced Pork Omelet
Follow exactly the above recipe except that you use 1 lb. ground pork in place of the ground beef.