Pancit Canton or Lo Mein is a dish of Chinese origin that becomes one of the traditional Philippine noodle dish that is mostly made of egg noodles, vegetables, chicken, pork and shrimp.
- 1/2 lb. shrimps
- 1 eggwhite
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 chicken breast, deboned
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pcs. chicken liver, cooked and sliced (optional)
- patis (fish sauce), salt, pepper and soy sauce, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into floweretes
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 1/3 cup leeks
- 1 small carrot, cut into rounds
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch, dispersed in
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package canton noodles
Cooking Procedures :
- Peel shrimps leaving the tails intact. Coat with a mixture of eggwhite and cornstarch. Slice chicken breast into strips and coat with cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a wok (or large frying pan), heat oiland sauté garlic and onions. Add in chicken meat, liver and shrimps. Season to taste. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Add in all the vegetables. Cook until tender but still crisp. Thicken with dispersed cornstarch.
- Stir in canton noodles and cook until tender.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Have You Tried This Other Pancit Recipe?