- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) baking soda
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. (7 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) each ground cloves and salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) diced cored peeled apples
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) vegetable oil
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Greased or paper-lined muffin cups; set aside.
- Prepare Topping: In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; stir in oil until moistened.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together brown sugar, applesauce, granulated sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Pour over flour mixture. Sprinkle with apples and raisins. Stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter mixture into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in centre of oven until tops are firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, let it cool completely on rack. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 24 hours. Or wrap individually and freeze in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
- Serves 20.