- 2 lb. chicken, boned and skinned
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups bamboo shoots
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (light or dark)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- cooked rice
Cooking Procedures :
- Cut the chicken into thin slices about 1 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- Wash green beans and remove the end tips. Blanch in boiling water until tender crisp. Rinse under cold water immediately to stop cooking. Set aside.
- In a big pot, pour in chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Add chicken slices and cook for a few minutes. Lower the heat and simmer.
- Add all the other vegetables (except the green beans and green onions), according to their doneness. Add in the seasonings.
- Chicken and vegetables should cook for about 18-22 minutes (be careful not to over cook the vegetables) and then add the green beans and green onions. Stir and blend. Correct the seasonings, to taste.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot with rice.