- 4 oz. fresh broccoli
- 1 medium yellow onions
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 can whole button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. hoi sin sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 lb. chicken
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tsp. grated pared fresh gingerroot
Cooking Procedures :
- Wash broccoli and cut into 1 inch pieces. Peel and chop onions. Remove seeds from pepper and chop coarsely. Drain mushrooms.
- In a bowl, combine water, cornstarch, sherry, cider vinegar, hoi sin sauce, soy sauce and chicken bouillon. Stir to blend well. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken and cut into serving-size pieces. Put 1/4 cup cornstarch into chicken and coat each pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok (or a large heavy-bottom skillet) over high heat. Add chicken pieces, one at a time, to hot oil (cook pieces only in batches to avoid heat temperature to go down). Cook until golden and completely done for about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken. Set aside and keep warm.
- Drain off oil from the pan and leave only about 2 tbsp. to the wok. Add ginger and stir-fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and then add onion, stir-frying for another minute. Add broccoli, pepper and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour the liquid mixture to the vegetables. Cook and stir until liquid boils and becomes translucent. Correct seasonings.
- Return chicken to wok. Cook and stir until chicken is hot throughout for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot the hoi sin chicken dish.
I’ll try this….Thank you for sharing this recipe..
ill try this! 😉