Purchasing foods need to be planned. Considering first your present situation like time, budget and storage space would greatly help in planning.
Below are lists of the food purchasing tips that might be helpful in your marketing strategy.
- With enough storage space, marketing (wet market) can be done 2 to 3 times a week and grocery shopping once a week or even once every 2 weeks.
- For perishable goods or those which spoil easily, buy only enough for the week.
- Before buying, try to canvass for cheaper prices without sacrifing quality.
- Buy in places where you are sure of the quality and the prices of the goods.
- If meat, fish and poultry are to be used at once buy the freshest possible. If they are not to be used for several days, frozen or chilled ones can be bought and stored properly.
- If fruits are to be eaten at once, ripe ones should be bought, if not then buy unripe ones and let these ripen in the proper storage area.
- Don't buy leafy vegetables if not to be used soon. Without proper storage they may wilt and spoil.
- Buy foods which are in season because they are cheaper. Buy only how much the family can consume.
- It is cheaper to buy by weight than per piece but be sure you know approximately how many pieces there are in a kilo to ensure that you get your money's worth.
- Be aware of malpractices in the market especially with regards to weighing and buying in bulk.
- Before buying, consider the availability of storage space to avoid waste and spoilage.
One Response to “Food Purchasing Tips”
Read below or add a comment...
[…] Always bear in mind that you can have access on gluten free foods anytime without having a hard time locating them. Fresh fruits are always free of gluten so all you have to do is create your own Gluten free food list using useful information’s from your own conducted researches. When marketing for the ingredients make sure that the recipes you are going to prepare are using ingredients that are in season like fruits and vegetables, besides from the fact that they are not hard to gain access to they are quite cheap too. Prepare recipes that you can maximize the use of seasonal food products that way you can benefit a lot from them. And you can be really sure that your food ingredients are gluten free, which is the best way to eat rather than buying the already processed food from supermarkets with hidden gluten but you just are not aware of it. You can check the gluten free food list as your guideline in purchasing foods from the market. […]