- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) croutons
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cooked bacon, cut into bite-size
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. (25 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp. (50 mL) light mayonnaise
Cooking Procedures :
- Prepare the dressing: In a bowl, put together the oil, cheese, wine vinegar, mustard, anchovy paste, garlic, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and mayonnaise. Whisk together until smooth. Set aside. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.)
- Wash lettuce and let it spin dry or dry with paper towel. Cut into 2 in. size or tear lettuce into bite-size pieces to make about 20 cups (5L) then place in a large bowl.
- Add in the prepared dressing, croutons and cooked bacon pieces.
- Just before serving, squeeze a lemon juice (about 1 tbsp.) then toss to combine.
- Serves 12.