· 1 whole ripe pineapple
· 2 tbsp. sugar
· 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
· 2 tbsp. sultana raisins
· 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate, shaved
· 4 sprigs fresh mint
Cooking Procedures :
1. Using a sharp knife, cut pineapple into half, reserving the top half for another use. Use the bottom half (which is sweeter) and remove all the rind.
2. Slice pineapple into 4 rounds, each 1/2 inch thick. Spread sugar on a plate and dredge the pineapple slices onto the sugar.
3. In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat until foaming. Add the dredged pineapple slices and fry for 2 minutes. Flip the slices and spread raisins around them. Fry for another 2 to 3 minutes or until pineapple has just browned and raisins are little bit swollen.
4. Remove from heat. Transfer one slice to each 4 dessert plates. The attractive browned side faces upward. Spoon some raisins onto each plate and top with the sauce from the pan.
5. Garnish with chocolate shavings and mint. Serve immediately.