· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
· 5 to 8 sun-dried tomato in oil, diced, plus 1/2 tsp. of the oil
· 3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil leaves
· salt and black pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
COMBINE the garlic with the butter and sun-dried tomatoes and then work in the basil and season well.
Flavored butter makes a rich sauce for simple barbecued food. Serve a slice or two on top of chops, steaks or fish to melt and combine with the hot juices.
Timing & Preparation
· For a pouring sauce, warm the flavored butter over the barbecue just before serving.
· The butters will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, and up to 2 months in the freezer. Simply shape into a roll and freeze in plastic wrap.