· 12 oz. parsnips
· 4 oz. chicken breast, skinned and boned
· 1-1/4 cups formula milk
Cooking Procedures :
1. Peel the parsnips, and trim the woody tops and bottoms. Rinse and chop roughly.
2. Rinse the chicken under cold water and cut into small pieces.
3. Place the parsnips, chicken and milk in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the parsnips are tender.
4. Purée or sieve the chicken and parsnip mixture until smooth.
5. Spoon into a bowl. Test the temperature and cool if necessary, before giving to baby.
6. Cover the remaining purée and transfer to the fridge as soon as possible. Use within 24 hours. This is suitable for freezing.
For a very smooth purée, drain all the liquid into a liquidizer and add half the solids, blend until smooth and then add the remaining ingredient. If using a food processor, add all the solids and a little liquid and processes until smooth and then add the remaining liquid.