- 4 (4 oz) boneless chicken breast (or chicken fillets)
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. mirin
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- black pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare greased baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, mirin, sesame oil, garlic, brown sugar and grated ginger. Marinate chicken for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the liquid. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced. Alternatively, you can pan-fry or grill over hot coals (or gas grill). Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring marinade mixture into a boil for about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in cornstarch mixture; stirring constantly. Continue cooking the sauce to desired consistency (adjust thickness with water or pineapple juice, if needed). Season with pepper to taste.
- Slice chicken fillets and arrange over a bowl of rice. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce as desired; serve hot.
- Serves 4.