- 1 lb. chicken wings
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 4 to 5 chili peppers, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. calamansi juice (or lemon juice)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil, for deep frying
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a shallow bake pan and lined with aluminum foil.
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer. Fry chicken wings in hot oil until slightly brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix cornstarch, chili peppers, sugar, ketchup, calamansi (or lemon) juice, and salt and pepper. Cook this mixture over low heat for 10 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken wings in a shallow bake pan. Pour chili mixture over the chicken.
- Place the bake pan in the center of the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until glazed.
- Turn over the chicken wings halfway of the time to glaze evenly.
- Remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy!