- 750 g chicken thighs
- 750 g chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 200 ml dry sherry
- 1 can (415 g) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3/4 cup green olives, pitted, halved
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare 4 L casserole dish; set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry chicken, in batches; cook for 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to prepared casserole dish; set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Add onion, garlic, 2 tsp. paprika, and red bell pepper; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until softened.
- Add dry sherry; cook for 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; stir, cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup water; stir to combine. Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then uncovered for 15 minutes. Add the green olives; bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Garnish with 1 tsp. paprika; serve with rice.
- Serves 4.