- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced roast chicken (12 oz/375 g)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) barbecue sauce
- 4 whole wheat buns (or tortilla or pita)
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded cabbage
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
- Half small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) each salt and pepper
Cooking Procedures :
- In a bowl, toss chicken with barbecue sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare Crunchy Coleslaw: In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Add cabbage, carrots and red pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cut buns horizontally in half. Divide chicken mixture among bottom halves. Top with coleslaw and tops of buns.
- Serves 4.