- 2 tbsp. margarine
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cream (or plain yogurt)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry onion, leeks, celery and mushrooms in a slowly manner.
- Add the broth and then add the potatoes. Let it simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Process with a hand-immersion blender or transfer to a blender (cover lid with a kitchen towel, as hot liquid will expand when blended). Purée the soup until smooth.
- Return to medium heat and add the cream. Season to taste. Cook, stirring, until the soup is gently warmed through for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve sprinkle with chopped fresh dill and sliced mushrooms. Enjoy!