- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Cooking Procedures :
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until blended. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes and stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in the milk and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Set pan in cold water and cool for 10 minutes. When you can hold your hand on the bottom of the pan, the syrup is cool enough.
- Add in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth or thick enough to spread.
- If frosting is too thin, add more confectioners' sugar. If too thick, add a few drops of hot water.
Penuche is a rich creamy frosting and is really candy.