· 1 nectarine or peach
· 1 apple
· 1 ripe pear
· 1 oz. fresh or frozen raspberries or strawberries
· 1 tbsp. water
Cooking Procedures :
1. Halve the nectarine or peach, discard the stone then peel and chop. Peel, quarter and core the apple and pear and slice thinly.
2. Put the prepared fruits, the hulled raspberries or strawberries and 1 tbsp. water in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the fruit is soft.
3. Press the mixture through a sieve or process and then sieve to remove the berry pips. Discard the pips.
4. Spoon a little into a bowl. Test the temperature and cool if necessary, before giving to baby
5. Cover the remaining purée and transfer to the fridge as soon as possible. Use within 24 hours. This is suitable for freezing.
Babies tend to eat smaller quantities of dessert so it is best to open freeze purée in a sterilized ice cube tray. Transfer the cubes to a plastic bag once frozen.
Peach and Melon Blush
To make 3/4 cup, take 1 ripe peach and 1/4 ripe melon. Peel and halve the peach, discard the stone and cut up the fruit. Scoop the seeds out of the melon and cut away the skin. Roughly chop the melon into pieces. Purée or sieve the fruit until completely smooth. Spoon a little into a bowl and serve.