- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups hot water
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots or raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (dark or light)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- dash ground cloves or allspice
Cooking Procedures :
- Combine oats, water, dried fruits, sugar and salt in a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover. Microwave at (Power Level 10) for 5 to 6 minutes or until oatmeal thickens, stirring twice.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to blend. Cover and let STAND 3 minutes before serving.