- 1/4 cup flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup fresh milk
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- sugar, to taste
- lemon rind, finely crushed
Cooking Procedures :
- Prepare and grease both sides of the mold barquillera.
- Put sifted flour in a bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, combine milk and egg yolks.
- Pour mixture on flour and mix until the batter is smooth. Add sugar and lemon rind. Set aside.
- Put the greased mold over medium heat. Drop a teaspoon of the batter on the middle of the mold. Put the two sides of the mold together so that the batter is wedged in the middle.
- Continue cooking the batter on both sides until brown.
- Using a greased, cone-shaped wooden stick to shape the barquillos while still warm and soft.