- 1-1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pandan leaf (or 1 tsp. pandan extract)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. ripe jackfruit, cut in strips
Cooking Procedures :
- Add water to glutinous rice flour, little by little while stirring with fork.
- Knead until you have a stiff dough. If necessary add more water or flour, a tbsp. at a time, to make dough stick together in a ball. Form into marble size balls.
- Boil pandan leaf, brown sugar and coconut milk until sugar is melted.
- Carefully drop sticky rice flour balls into boiling syrup, a handful at a time, stirring until all rice balls float to the top. Stir in jackfruit strips.
- Serve hot. (If left too long, the rice balls will absorb all the syrup resulting in a gooey mass.)
- Serves 6 to 8.