- 2 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 potatoes, quartered
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup green peas (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
- Heat oil in a skillet. Fry potatoes, then carrots until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chicken pieces and cook until lightly brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic and onions; sauté until translucent. Add tomatoes and continue cooking, until just wilted. Return the chicken pieces back to skillet. Pour in fish sauce. Stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add water and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil then simmer until meat is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add potatoes and carrots; continue to cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add bell peppers and green peas (if using); stir to combine and simmer for another minute.
- Serves 4.
taste good…we like this chicken afritada recipe