The secret to grilling pork chops is to grill on medium-low heat so the chops stay juicy instead of drying out. The adobo marinade is a fragrant paste of garlic, herbs, cumin and sour citrus juice used extensively in Latin America.
Serve the chops topped with tomato chutney.
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 rib or loin pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Cooking Procedures :
- In a bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, paprika, lime juice and oil.
- Pour marinade over pork chops and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on medium-low. Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Grill chops for 4 minutes. Turn and grill for 4 minutes longer.
- Repeat, for a total grilling time of about 14 to 16 minutes, or until chops are just cooked.
- Makes 4 servings.