- 1 whole butternut squash
- pared, seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb. pork, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water
- patis (fish sauce), salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped green onions, for garnishing (optional)
Cooking Procedures :
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork until it turns slightly brown.
- Add garlic, onions and tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes until tomatoes wilted.
- Add squash slices. Season with patis, salt and pepper. Stir-fry for few minutes until well blended.
- Pour in water and bring to boil. Cover, lower the heat and let it simmer until squash is tender (or mushy, if you like. Like what I always do).
- Correct the seasonings according to your style and liking.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with green onions (if using) and serve.
Nutritious and very easy to cook.