- 2 lb. fresh asparagus
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- pinch of nutmeg
Cooking Procedures :
- Prepare a grease baking dish. Set aside.
- Cut the asparagus into an inch diagonal pieces, discard the tough brown tips. Cook in boiling salted water to cover for 5 minutes or until tender, but firm. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt 2 tbsp. butter. Add drained asparagus and cook for a minute, tossing gently. Remove from heat.
- In another saucepan, combine eggs, cheese, 3 tbsp. butter, cream and nutmeg. Cook sauce over low heat, beating constantly until thickened.
- Combine sauce with asparagus and put into buttered baking dish. Bake in a very hot (500°F) oven or broil for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve.