- 1 lb. (454 g) lean ground pork
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tbsp. (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) pepper
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) cornstarch
- 12 large (5 1/2 inch/13 cm) egg roll wrappers
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vegetable oil
Cooking Procedures :
- In a nonstick skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon, until no longer pink for about 5 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots and water chestnuts. Cook over medium heat until onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, cornstarch and 1 tbsp. (15 mL) water. Pour into the pan then toss well to combine. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Forming 1 roll at a time, place wrapper on work surface then brush with water all over. Spoon scant 3 tbsp. (50 mL) pork mixture on bottom third, leaving 1/2 in. (1 cm) borders on bottom and sides. Pull bottom edge over filling and roll up then pinch ends to seal.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet, seam side down. Brush top with oil. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Serves 4.