- 6 to 8 fresh medium green onions
- cold water
- 10 to 12 ice cubes
Cooking Procedures :
- Trim bulbs from onions at point where stems begin to turn green. Trim remaining stems to a length of about 4 inches, cutting off tops if necessary. Reserve bulbs and remaining tops for another use.
- Using sharp scissors, cut each section of the green stems lengthwise into very thin strips down to the beginning of the stem. Cut about 6 to 8 strips in each stem section.
- Fill a medium or large bowl about half full of cold water. Place green onions in water. Add ice cubes. Refrigerate until onions curl for about an hour.
- Drain onion curls. Use as garnish.