· 1 cup hoisin sauce
· 2 to 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
· 2 tbsp. soy sauce
· 5 cloves garlic, minced
· pinch of five-spice powder
· 1 tbsp. sugar
· 2 tbsp. sesame oil
· dash of Tabasco or other hot sauce
Cooking Procedures :
COMBINE all the ingredients in a shallow dish.
ADD the food, turn to coat well, and marinate.
This is a classic Chinese sauce. The marinade is enough for 1-1/2 lb. chops.
Timing & Preparation
· Red meat, poultry, and game (whole and cut up) are usually marinated for up to 2 hours at room temperature or up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
· Whole fish, fillets, steaks and seafoods can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
· Vegetables and tofu can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator – overnight for tofu.
· Bring refrigerated food back to room temperature before cooking and brush off excess marinade.