- 2 lb. baby back pork ribs, cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 cloves, crushed
- small handful peppercorns (or Szechuan peppercorns)
- 1/2 dried chili pepper, crushed (or 1 fresh chili, minced)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- grated orange zest
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a shallow roasting pan and set aside.
- Combine garlic, ginger, onion, cloves, Chinese peppercorns, chili, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, orange zest, orange juice, lime juice and sherry in a bowl or resealable plastic bag. Mix well.
- Add baby back ribs and turn to cover with the marinade. Place in the fridge, marinate for four hours or overnight.
- Add ribs and marinade to a shallow roasting pan. Pour enough water to just cover the ribs. Cover with aluminum foil. Transfer to oven and place in the center rack. Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until ribs start getting a little tender, turning often to ensure even cooking.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until ribs are tender and most of the liquids evaporated.
- Remove from the oven. Cut the rack into rib portions. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve hot.