· 1/2 cup butter or margarine
· 1-1/2 cups flour
· pinch of salt
· 1/4 cup ice water
· 3 eggs
· 1-1/2 cups cream
· salt and pepper
· 3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
· 6 slices lean bacon, cooked crisp (see fried bacon) · 1 tsp. butter
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 or 10 inch quiche pan or cake pan. Set aside.
2. Cut butter into flour and salt with pastry blender. When mealy, sprinkle 2/3 of the ice water. Toss and gather together by hand. If more water is needed, add drop by drop.
3. Wrap dough and chill. When it has chilled, roll into circle, not too thin. Line crust onto prepared pan. Prick with pork points across bottom and chill.
4. Bake for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool while making filling.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat eggs and cream. Season and stir in grated cheese. Crumble bacon and scatter on bottom of pastry shell. Pour filling. Put tiny pieces of butter on top and bake for 25 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven. Serve warm.