This is the definitive chocolate chip cookies, with chocolate in the dough and chocolate chunks distributed throughout the cookie. It is always the first to go on a tray of mixed cookies.
· 1/2 cup butter
· 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, cut in small chunks
· 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/2 tsp. baking powder
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 2 eggs
· 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
· 2 tsp. vanilla
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a parchment-lined baking sheets.
2. In a heavy pot over low heat, melt butter and 4 oz. chocolate chunks, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla. Blend in chocolate mixture.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir in. Stir in remaining 8 oz. chocolate chunks.
5. Drop dough onto prepared sheets in mounds of about 2 tbsp., 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are glossy, cracked on surface and soft inside. Do not overbake. Remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
6. Makes about 20 3-inch cookies.