- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to blend.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture with a pastry blender or with two knives. Mixture should be crumbly.
- Add milk and stir with a fork. Stir just until mixture holds together and forms a ball.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Leave a 2 inch space between biscuits so they will brown nicely.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
These were a little dry so I modified the recipe. I use 1/2 cup coconut oil instead of the shortening. They are then delicious!! Nice and crispy on the bottom and moist on the inside!